To develop and deliver people management strategies which support the business overall strategic aims and objectives and facilitating them at an Operational level. The jobholder will be expected to contribute at both a strategic and operational level in order to identify HR priorities and recommend appropriate people management solutions which support business aims, in addition to providing a customer- focused HR service. The jobholder will provide expert professional advice and support to managers and staff on all aspects of people management, which fully reflects the business desire to be an employer of choice, current employment legislation and best practice.
Working with approximately 450 staff, the HR Manager will help direct a Staff cost and related budget of AED 2,591,230 and a training budget of 90,000AED.
Working with the management team the HR manager will be expected to provide comprehensive and legal guidance to support to all staff on the full range of HR activities including policies and procedures, terms and conditions of employment, absence management, restructuring of services, recruitment, retention, performance management, employee relations, employee reward, learning and development and internal communications.
- Strategic HR management
- Provides support in developing organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives and operational needs.
- In consultation with the HR Director, prepare and implement the annual HR Plan to support the overall strategic aims and objectives of the company.
- Identify, design and implement strategic HR projects, which meet the broadly defined policies and procedures set at Board Level.
- Identifying market trends in HR Management and presenting informed adjustments and proposals to maximize on coming trends.
- Provide support in developing human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances on a quarterly basis.
- Understanding the business demographic requirements to ensure effective recruitment to meet the overall business objective and Operational requirements.
- Implementing diverse and specific interview and assessment centre techniques to identify key talent and performance development requirements for new and current employee
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Work closely with senior and line managers, providing them expert guidance,
- coaching, and support on the full range of HR activities (including policies and procedures, term and conditions of employment, absence management, restructuring of services, performance management, redundancy planning etc.), in order to insure a consistent and fair approach to people management throughout the board.
- Keep up to date with legal developments and advice management on compliance and risk factors.
- Manage investigation, disciplinary and grievance matters in to ensure successful scrutiny if challenged within the Labour Court.
- Provide advice and guidance on individual employee relation cases, ensuring that these are well managed and meet the requirements of the Companies policies, best practice and employment legislation.
- Develop, implement and maintain HR policies and procedures to ensure effective, fair and consistent management of staff throughout the organization, and ensure that a staff handbook is comprehensive and up-to-date.
- Ensure that managers and staff are aware of the policies and procedures and able to operate them effectively.
- Provide support to staff on HR issues, as and when required.
- Monitor and review the system of performance appraisal and continually develop as necessary, ensuring that annual appraisals are carried out in a timely manner and followed up.
- Develop and maintain an effective partnership with the Shop Floor Management ensuring consultation and communication practices are routinely adopted to enable management to make effective decisions and successfully implement proposals.
- Ensure that staff are informed updated on the key business and organizational issues.
Learning and development
- In consultation with line managers identify and follow up individual development needs and source external training provision as and when required, monitoring training costs against budget.
- Make recommendations on a cost-effective management development program to support the companies people management strategies.</span>
- Maintain training records for all staff and assist with any training initiatives, as required.
Compensation and Benefits
- Gather and analyze market data to measure the competitiveness of the companies compensation and benefits package, and make recommendations as appropriate.
- To ensure all positions are evaluated as per the Hay Grading system and allocated accordingly
- To provide expert advice for any proposed changes in Salary Scales, considering Market value, business competitiveness, current work force and future workforce planning.
- Monitor sickness and absence levels and provide monthly management reports
- Chair the Human Resources Senior meetings where necessary.
- Represent HR and participate in various internal groups and committees across the organization.
- Review and manage on boarding and off boarding processes to ensure Audit and Labour Law Compliance.
- Manage the implementation of HR systems, data integrity exercises, and providing expert advice and feedback on the how the system should be adjusted to maximize to ensure value to the business
- Manage health issues and medical referrals.
- Manage the information held on the HR database and personnel files to ensure it is updated in a timely and accurate manner and complies with any legal or data protection policies.
- Advice on matters relating to the engagement of external consultants.
- To undertake other tasks as agreed with the CEO and HR Director.
- Manage the HR team, setting clear objectives and completing appraisals and coordinate work activities and delegation.
- Manage and control department expenditure within agreed budgets.
- Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Personal and Development together with evidence of continuing professional development
- Post Graduate or Masters Degree
- Minimum of 8 years proven Human Resource Management and experience including the ability to work at both strategic and operational levels
- Fully conversant and up-to-date with all aspects of employment law and HR best practice
- Experience in the developments and implementation of employment policies and procedures
- Experience at recruitment interviewing and assessment at a senior level
- Ability to work autonomously and flexibly
- Influencing, persuading, coaching and negotiating skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prepare and present reports to director level
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Excellent planning and organization skills to meet the deadlines
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications, Email and the Internet
- Excellent attention to detail
- Cooperate and supportive team player
- A good working knowledge of HR systems
- Ability to create HR communications appropriate for the audience
To Apply, please email your updated CV to [email protected]