- Carries out a variety of secretarial and general office duties in the Senior Vice President office. Includes planning and coordinating the Sr. Vice Presidents schedule, taking dictation, typing in English, receiving and dispatching mail, maintaining confidential and general files, arranging appointments and other social functions. Arranges Board and general management meetings, which includes booking venue, typing and circulating agenda, preparing Sr. Vice Presidents file for the meeting by including required notes and documents. May attend meetings to take minutes as required.
- Plans the Sr. Vice Presidents schedule, keeping an appointment diary and ensuring that all meetings, interviews, functions, duty trips are clearly indicated, advising the General Manager of his daily program. Receives visitors and VIP’s with tact and courtesy, determines the purpose of the visit, and directs them to the General Manager’s office. Answers the telephone, connects callers as necessary, taking and conveying messages and answering general queries.
- Assists in preparations for management meetings which includes Board meetings, providing assistance to the Board Secretary by typing the agenda, informing the participants, obtaining files, reports or documents required for the meeting, booking the conference room and attending the meetings as requested. Takes minutes, drafts and types and forwards to Sr. Vice President for review and approval. Follows up on decisions taken and keeps the Sr. Vice President informed of progress. Maintains up to date records of all Board meetings and resolutions.
- Takes dictation and transcribes material from shorthand into typed drafts for review. Includes taking shorthand notes at formal and informal meetings and drafting letters from brief notes or oral instructions as required.
- Types in English and proofreads a variety of material such as letters, memoranda, reports, faxes, statements etc., ensuring accuracy and forwarding to the SVP for signature. Arranges dispatch and circulation of such items as necessary.
- Receives incoming mail, sorts, registers receipt, date stamps, attaches references as necessary, and forwards to the Sr. Vice President ensuring confidential or urgent material is delivered directly. Prepares outgoing mail for dispatch.
- Graduate, followed by 2 years secretarial/office management course.
- 10 years experience in general secretarial and office management work in senior management offices.
- Ability to type English and Arabic at the rate of 50-60 wpm and to take shorthand at the rate of 90-10 wpm.
- Very good written and spoken English and Arabic.
To Apply, please email your updated CV to [email protected]